zondag 27 februari 2011

The pretenders

I have known it, from the moment I knew they were like that.
Primary school, secondary school, high school, university.
They were always there.
Always nice.
Always smiling.
But already from the beginning I noticed they are not always nice.
It's like they are pretending to be nice.
I found out that they don't gave a damn about me.
But I never had the power to turn my back to them.
Untill that one time.
That one time I got so angry.
That one time I realised it.
And I could finally turn my back to them.
For once in my whole life I could do it.
Because they were hurting others.
It wasn't fair.
Not fair at all.
Their behaviour wasn't proper at all.
And denying it, that's what they did.
But I already knew everything by then.
And that one time I realised.
My whole life.
They were all pretenders.
Don't you know they all pretend.
Back then I could turn around and walk away.
Right now, it's not enough.
Right now, it's still not enough to walk away.
But when it happens.
When you will do the same.
I will turn around and walk away again.
With the same look.
The same eyes.
The same thoughts.
You don't care.
You just pretend you do.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten